Hiring (and being hired) is one of the most important things we do, but humans are frankly terrible at it. We look for the wrong things, we’re biased, and we don’t follow the data.
Applied is on a mission to help organisations hire the best person for the job, regardless of race, gender or background. Our platform helps teams manage their hiring process with more precision and less bias. Everything is measured so teams can understand what works and that allows them to constantly measure, improve and give candidates useful feedback!
We’re lucky enough to be scaling the business and need a Digital Marketer to work within our Marketing team. We need teams who are user-driven, creative and want to leave the world just a little better than they found it.
This is a chance to get in on the ground floor of a fast growing, investor-backed start-up and be part of changing the way hiring is done on a global scale. Read more about us in the New York Times, Harvard Business Review, TechCrunch and New Scientist.
The job opportunity
We’re looking for a Digital Marketer who is looking to make their mark at a scaling start up. We need someone who will be able to manage our website, run our marketing software and work with our sales and product teams to support their work and drive growth. They’ll work directly with the Chief Commercial Officer and have a big impact on the overall success of the marketing team.
We earnestly believe that diverse and inclusive teams both perform better and make for a richer experience at work. So we’re open to candidates wherever they’ve derived their skill and passion from for this role. We’re looking for someone who’s impatient to deliver and keen to get stuck in and exhibits the below characteristics.
Our Digital Marketer should:
- Be passionate about making products that delight our users.
- Be passionate for improving workplaces – whether it’s diversity and inclusion or culture, you’ll love what you do and want a world where everyone is free to be their true selves in a job they love.
- Be empowered by an entrepreneurial environment – you’re a self-starter, can work autonomously but can motivate and influence other teams when required.
- Have a love for learning – in a startup, none of us have all of the answers, so an openness and willingness to constantly learn is essential.
- Be a data-driven and analytical thinker.
In your first 6 months at Applied you’ll:
- See how the product has impact and help translate its value into marketing messages.
- Drive new acquisitions through paid digital campaigns (search, retargeting & social).
- Assess the performance of marketing channels and optimise performance across all acquisition channels.
- Plan, execute and measure experiments and conversion tests on our website (using Webflow, Hotjar and other digital tools).
- Identify new audiences and devise digital campaigns that engage and convert.
- Use Google Analytics (or any other analytics tools like Mixpanel & Heap) to support your planning & execution.
- Assist the marketing team with email, nurture and social campaigns through Hubspot.
Like the rest of the Applied team members you’ll benefit from:
- Equity in the business
- Wellbeing benefit & access to Spill
- Flexible and remote working options
- Involvement in other aspects of the business, from strategy, management and training, to shaping team culture
- Being part of something that’s both commercially successful and socially important
What are the next steps?
You don’t need a CV, just your brain
To get started, pop your email in the top right of this page.
Instead of submitting a CV, you’ll answer some questions that are related to the job. After the job closes, your answers will go through our sift process: *all answers will be anonymised, randomised and then reviewed by a panel of reviewers.*
If you are shortlisted, we’ll invite you to interview, which will also be managed through our platform. Also, we love giving feedback, so at the end you’ll see how well you performed at each stage of the application process.
Right to work: We do NOT provide visas so please only apply if you have a right to work in the UK.
Expected duration of this application process: 2 months.
*please note that we are a fully remote team at the moment which in time may shift back to a decentralised office.